Jack Russell Terrier Club of America (JRTCA)
The purpose of the Jack Russell Terrier Club of America (JRTCA) is to preserve the versatility, working ability, unique character, and physical and mental soundness of the Jack Russell Terrier, to protect the terrier through the JRTCA’s principles, unique registration process, and ongoing educational efforts and to maintain the working heritage of the Jack Russell Terrier.
JRTCA Sanctioned Trial Results
- Thaw Your Paws I January 14, 2017
- Thaw Your Paws II January 15, 2017
- Texas Two Step XXII March 11, 2017
- Texas Two Step XXIII March 12, 2017
- The Heart of Virginia I March 25, 2017
- The Heart of Virginia II March 26, 2017
- Sunshine Showdown I April 1, 2017
- Sunshine Showdown II April 2, 2017
- Spring Fever I April 8, 2017
- Spring Fox Frolic XV April 8, 2017
- Spring Fever II April 9, 2017
- Spring Fox Frolic XVI April 9, 2017
- Mason Dixon Old Fashioned Working Terrier Trial III April 22, 2017
- Mason Dixon Old Fashioned Working Terrier Trial IV April 23, 2017
- Carolinas Spring Classic I May 6, 2017
- Carolinas Spring Classic II May 7, 2017
- Yankee I May 20, 2017
- Yankee II May 21, 2017
- Mid-America Working Terrier Trial I June 24, 2017
- Mid-America Working Terrier Trial II June 25, 2017
- Rainier Hunt Classic XXX July 8, 2017
- Rainier Hunt Classic XXXI July 9, 2017
2016 Trials Results (archive)
Gallery of Champions
Trials provide an opportunity for Jack Russell Terrier owners to get to know each other, get together with terrier friends and in general have a good time with their terriers. They also provide the necessary opportunity to see breeding stock from around the country. This interaction between fellow breeders, as well as between breeders and other JRT enthusiasts, fosters continued improvement in the breeding of quality terriers. View photos of 2017 Conformation Champions and 2017 Performance Champions from JRTCA terrier trials.
These top terriers and their owners are honored in the club newsletter, True Grit, and also are awarded the JRTCA Bronze Working Terrier Medallion for Special Merit in the Field.
Working Achievement Awards
To earn a Working Achievement Award for Continued Field Service, the Terrier must earn 6 certificates over multiple years. These 6 certificates can be to one or all of the JRTCA approved quarry. At least one of the 6 certificates has to be earned after the Terrier is 6 years old. Certificates earned for a Bronze Medallion will count toward the Working Achievement Award.