Jack Russell Terrier Club of America (JRTCA)
The purpose of the Jack Russell Terrier Club of America (JRTCA) is to preserve the versatility, working ability, unique character, and physical and mental soundness of the Jack Russell Terrier, to protect the terrier through the JRTCA’s principles, unique registration process, and ongoing educational efforts and to maintain the working heritage of the Jack Russell Terrier.
JRTCA Sanctioned Trial Results
- Thaw Your Paws I January 19, 2019
- Thaw Your Paws II January 20, 2019
- Texas Two Step XXVI March 9, 2019
- Texas Two Step XXVII March 10, 2019
- Sunshine Showdown I March 30, 2019
- Sunshine Showdown II March 31, 2019
- Spring Fox Frolic XIX April 6, 2019
- Spring Fox Frolic XX April 7, 2019
- Spring Fever I April 13, 2019
- Spring Fever II April 14, 2019
- Mason Dixon VII April 27, 2019
- Mason Dixon VIII April 28, 2019
- Carolinas Spring Classic I May 4, 2019
- Carolinas Spring Classic II May 5, 2019
- Yankee I May 25, 2019
- Yankee II May 26, 2019
- JRT Museum Benefit Trial III June 22, 2019
- JRT Museum Benefit Trial IV June 23, 2019
- Rainier Hunt Classic XXXIV July 6, 2019
- Rainier Hunt Classic XXXV July 7, 2019
- Taneytown Terrier Trial I July 12, 2019
- Taneytown Terrier Trial II July 14, 2019
Gallery of Champions
Trials provide an opportunity for Jack Russell Terrier owners to get to know each other, get together with terrier friends and in general have a good time with their terriers. They also provide the necessary opportunity to see breeding stock from around the country. This interaction between fellow breeders, as well as between breeders and other JRT enthusiasts, fosters continued improvement in the breeding of quality terriers. View photos of 2019 Conformation Champions and 2019 Performance Champions from JRTCA terrier trials.
These top terriers and their owners are honored in the club newsletter, True Grit, and also are awarded the JRTCA Bronze Working Terrier Medallion for Special Merit in the Field.
Working Achievement Awards
To earn a Working Achievement Award for Continued Field Service, the Terrier must earn 6 certificates over multiple years. These 6 certificates can be to one or all of the JRTCA approved quarry. At least one of the 6 certificates has to be earned after the Terrier is 6 years old. Certificates earned for a Bronze Medallion will count toward the Working Achievement Award.