Jack Russell Terrier Club of America (JRTCA)
The purpose of the Jack Russell Terrier Club of America (JRTCA) is to preserve the versatility, working ability, unique character, and physical and mental soundness of the Jack Russell Terrier, to protect the terrier through the JRTCA’s principles, unique registration process, and ongoing educational efforts and to maintain the working heritage of the Jack Russell Terrier. The JRTCA Yearbook contains JRTCA sanctioned trial results, a Gallery of Champions, Bronze Medallion and Working Achievement Award recipients.
JRTCA Yearbook Sanctioned Trial Results
- Thaw Your Paws I January 18, 2020
- Thaw Your Paws II January 19, 2020
- Texas Two Step XXVIII March 7, 2020
- Texas Two Step XXIX March 8, 2020
- Dogwood Summer Classic XI July 18, 2020
- Dogwood Summer Classic XII July 19, 2020
- West End III September 5, 2020
- Northgate I September 5, 2020
- West End IV September 6, 2020
- Northgate II September 6, 2020
- Carolinas Autumn Fest I September 19, 2020
- Carolinas Autumn Fest II September 20, 2020
- 2020 JRTCA National Trial October 9, 2020
- Magnolia Classic I October 24, 2020
- Magnolia Classic II October 25, 2020
- JRT Museum Benefit Trial I October 31, 2020
- JRT Museum Benefit Trial II November 1, 2020
- Yuletide I December 5, 2020
- Yuletide II December 6, 2020
Gallery of Champions
Trials provide an opportunity for Jack Russell Terrier owners to get to know each other, get together with terrier friends and in general have a good time with their terriers. They also provide the necessary opportunity to see breeding stock from around the country. This interaction between fellow breeders, as well as between breeders and other JRT enthusiasts, fosters continued improvement in the breeding of quality terriers. View photos of 2020 Conformation Champions and 2020 Performance Champions from JRTCA terrier trials.
These top terriers and their owners are honored in the club newsletter, True Grit, and also are awarded the JRTCA Bronze Working Terrier Medallion for Special Merit in the Field.
Working Achievement Awards
To earn a Working Achievement Award for Continued Field Service, the Terrier must earn 6 certificates over multiple years. These 6 certificates can be to one or all of the JRTCA approved quarry. At least one of the 6 certificates has to be earned after the Terrier is 6 years old. Certificates earned for a Bronze Medallion will count toward the Working Achievement Award.
Join the JRTCA
The Jack Russell Terrier Club of America (JRTCA) is the National Breed Club and Registry for the Jack Russell Terrier in the United States and is the largest Jack Russell Terrier club and registry in the world. If you own a Jack Russell Terrier, a welcome is extended to you to join the JRTCA, to work along with many dedicated Jack Russell owners throughout the country to protect and preserve the rare qualities of this wonderful working terrier… and to share all the terrific experiences gained only through owning a Jack Russell Terrier! Please enjoy the JRTCA Yearbook.